Author Jason Sheldon on 02-18-2002 at 05:02 (EST)
|A number of suggestions for future upgrades:|
1. Header / Footer links. Two variables that contain URL's of HTML files for headers and footers of the schedule page, for users who don't use Frames and would like to keep standardized, by perhaps including their navigation links etc in their header file.
2. Optionally have the ability to always view the schedule from the current day, rather than the start of the week (As there will always be someone who attempts to book for a day that's already passed).
3. Optionally allow a 'default' booking time, eg: 30 minutes, and (again, optionally) only show the start time, making the end time = start time + default booking length.
4. Ability to allow each resource it's own admin, or at least 'email' contact. Useful for say an office where the boardroom is the responsibility of the Admin Co-Ordinator, but the sound-studio would be the responsibility of the music manager. Each would have their own reservations emailed to them, instead of all going to one, sometimes irrelevant, person.
5. Option to have an 'available' image in the schedule on each available slot. By clicking the hyperlink associated with the 'available' image, the reservation screen is displayed, with that timeslot already filled in, for the resource on that line. (Very useful!)
6. Optional 'additional info' that will be inserted into the recipient's email (eg, terms and conditions). Either a text field, or preferably like the header/footer, a separate file.
I'll let you have more suggestions as and when.
|Messages In This Discussion|
| 1. RE: Suggestions|
Author Bill Weiner on 02-18-2002 at 06:30 (EST)
|Those are some really good suggestions. I'll add them to our list for possible implementation in a future release. Thanks!