In uShop3, trial version, the applets that read data from a text file don´t show. In the status bar it says something about "Security.exception", what´s wrong??
Can you give me the exact error message? You may want to check out our reference site. There is some good information there for troubleshooting.
Thanks, Charlie Edmunds
The error message reads:
"exception: com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx(uShopLibrary.readFile): java.io.IOException: bad path: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\uShop"
Make sure you have a "classes" directory setup as described in section 5 of the uShop 3.0 User's Guide:
And that your data files are located in your "classes" directory.
I have a classes directory and the applets are in the right dir.! I downloaded the trial-version and unzipped it, I´ve made no changes, still it won´t work!?!?
1) When you unzipped/installed uShop 3.0 on your local desktop computer, was the directory structure shown in Figure 1 at:
created on your local desktop computer?
2) And if so, were you successfully able to open the "index.html" file with your browser and link to the uShop 3.0 Applet Reference on your local desktop computer?
3) And if so, were the Search/Browse applets working for you from that installed uShop 3.0 Applet Reference?
4) And if not, do the Search/Browse applets on our online uShop 3.0 Applet Reference:
work for you?
5) And finally, what type of browser and operating system are you using?
4) Yes they do
5) I´m using Windows 98 an Microsoft Internet Explorer 5(swedish version)
Also, the last part of the error message reads "/uSho", not "/uShop" as I wrote. My mistake! I´ve tried downloading the trial version several times but it is still not working!!??
We've had a couple other people mention that the search/browse applets weren't working when viewing those particular applets on their local desktop computer, but that they do work fine when viewing them from their server. My guess is that it has to do with the search path of the browser when viewing the HTML files from their local desktop computer. We'll look into it a little more, but the important thing is that those 4 applets work fine when loaded from the website.