I have just upgraded to the full verison of uShop and I have followed the directions to the letter. I first deleted all .class files on my server, in both the secure and unsecure areas. All of the other applets work fine except for the uShopCart.class file. I keep getting the method check error. Why?
If after upgrading to the full version of uShop from the trial version of uShop, you have any trouble with the applets, then open your browser's Java Console (usually under tools or internet options). Do you see any messages such as "No such method checkTrialVersion()"? If so, then this means that you have at least one uShop Lite class file on your server. You can not mix uShop Lite class files with the class files included with the full version of uShop. To correct the problem:
1) Begin by creating a new directory on your local desktop computer.
2) Unzip the .zip file that came with the full version of uShop into your new directory on your local desktop computer.
(You can now be sure this new directory has only the new class files)
3) From your server, delete ALL of your current class files.
4) Transfer all of the .class files from your new directory on your local desktop computer to your server. (Don't forget to transfer them in BINARY or RAW mode!)
5) If you had your browser running, clear your cache and exit your browser.
Now when you restart your browser and visit your site, you will not see any more "No such method checkTrialVersion()"? errors.