Just upgraded to 3.3 and have been experiencing the following issue:
After placing the order successfully, and entering the credit card information, I get kicked to an "Internal Server Error" page. Even with this message, however, the order is saved and available for viewing from the Order Reader Applet. From reading other posts, I've checked the path to Sendmail (as no receipt email is being received), but it appears to be correct.
It just seems odd that I'm able to get this far through the process and end up with a server error. Any ideas?
So you're basically getting through the entire order process (to the point where the order files are being written), however, no email notification is ever received and a "Server Error" is displayed instead of the final "Thank You" page?
Well, that really sounds like a problem related to the email configuration... but to verify that the problem is email related, try changing configuration question #7 to:
$email_method = "CUSTOM";
This will basically stop the scripts from trying to send email... so you can verify if the problem is definitely email related.
After changing that $email_method to "CUSTOM":
1) Let me know the results (I'm guessing you will successfully get the final "Thank you" page.)
2) Let me know what type of server you have UNIX or Windows?
3) Reconfigure the $email_method back to the method that you want to use (and which was causing you the problem), generate a "Diagnostic Report" from the uShop control panel, and then email the results of the report to me at email@example.com. I'll take a look at your settings.
Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't get back to this quicker. Changing the email method to Custom does get rid of my error. I've confirmed the locations of the Sendmail program, and I'm going to email you the results of my Diagnostic report. Let me know what you find...
>3) Reconfigure the $email_method back to the
>method that you want to use
>(and which was causing you the
>problem), generate a "Diagnostic Report" from
>the uShop control panel, and then
>email the results of the report
>to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll
>take a look at your settings.
Did the above...when method is sendmail the error occurs. Path is correct and mails are sent out as expected and order is placed..still get server error.
There was an issue on my server regarding the email alias when using emails at the domain name. For some reason when SSL is not active this does not happen. I corrected configuration on server and problem dissapears.
Suggest checking email configuration on servers as one possible cause. To test place your own ISP email in the primary email field in the control panel and try an order. If it works with that email but not with an email to the same domain where cart resides suspect configuration error on server.
Hope this helps.