uShop English (U.S.) for 179!

uStorekeeper English (U.S.) for 149!

 Products
       uTest
       uReserve
       uShop
       uStorekeeper
       uGolf
       uDirectory
       uSignIn
 Tech Support
       Support Policy
       Knowledge Base
            uTest
            uReserve
            uShop
            uStorekeeper
            uGolf
            uDirectory
            uSignIn
       Documentation
       Reference Sites
 Legal
       Software Piracy
       Legal Notices
       Privacy Policy
       Licensing
 Miscellaneous
       Reseller Info
       Contact Us
       Site Map
configuration error

Knowledge Base Lobby : uStorekeeper Support Conference : Configuration Questions
Dec-14-17 05:57 PM EST
Original Message
configuration error
Author RL Miller on 10-08-2002 at 12:50 (EST)
I am getting the following error message
"Configuration Error- Unable to connect to socket."
when I try to test order something from our online store. I am able to get all the way through the process and submit the credit card info, and then this error occurs.
Please help! I have checked and rechecked my ustorekeeper-lib.pl file with the changes our service provider has sent along after some changes on their end, and they insist the problem is on my end.
I suspect it may be a a permissions problem or with my path/relative path to the cgi-bin.
Any suggestions?
E-MAIL AUTHOR | TABLE OF CONTENTS

Table Of Contents
  RE: configuration error Bill Weiner, 2002-10-09 06:52:14 (1)
            it gets worse RL Miller, 2002-10-09 07:56:19 (2)
                 another update rlmiller, 2002-10-09 12:14:24 (3)
                      nevermind rlmiller, 2002-10-09 14:19:16 (4)
                           RE: nevermind Bill Weiner, 2002-10-10 04:41:40 (5)

Messages In This Discussion
         1. RE: configuration error
        Author Bill Weiner on 10-09-2002 at 06:52 (EST)
An "unable to connect to socket" error indicates that the script is not able to connect to your mail server when it attempts to send the email notification/receipt.

Assuming that you have the $email_method in configuration question #16 in the ustorekeeper-lib.pl script set to "SOCKETS":

1) Make sure the $smtp_address setting ... configuration question #19 in the ustorekeeper-lib.pl script... is properly set to the IP address of your mail server.

2) If that doesn't resolve the problem, try locating the following line near the top of the ustorekeeper-lib.pl script:

$AF_INET = 2;

and change it to:

$AF_INET = 1;

... See if that resolves the problem.


If that still does not resolve the problem, try setting configuration question #16 in the ustorekeeper-lib.pl script to:

$email_method = "DISABLED";

This will cause no email notifications to be sent... but at least will allow you to test out the rest of the order process.

Then let me know the results.... including the type of server you have (Windows-type or Unix-type?).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
                 2. it gets worse
                Author RL Miller on 10-09-2002 at 07:56 (EST)
Since I posted that, my service provider made some change which I am not sure of (I had asked them to put permissions at 777, and asked for full path to perl). Now I can't get any furhter than this error:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Can't open perl script "D:InetpubwwwrootDefaultWebsitegjkjuiodLynchKri1cgi-bincgitest.pl": No such file or directory

as you can see, I started back at the beginning with the test file, and get nowhere.
However, NOW she tells me that the full path to perl is: C:/Perl/bin/
which leads me to believe that they have switched from a unix server (I had been using the line #!/usr/bin/perl up until their service provider switch with no problems) to an NT server.
With these new problems, should I make the changes you suggest or try something else?
Any help you can give ASAP is most appreciated. I have been offline for 1.5 weeks now.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
                         3. another update
                        Author rlmiller on 10-09-2002 at 12:14 (EST)
got the perl test script running ok- and downloaded clean scripts from this site.
but now am getting this error:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:


Can't locate ustorekeeper-lib.pl in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at D:InetpubwwwrootDefaultWebsitegjkjuiodLynchKri1cgi-binustorekeeper.pl line 3.

It seems to me that the ustorekeeper-lib.pl file is not being read.
Should I ask them to double check permissions, because it is definitely there.


TABLE OF CONTENTS
                                 4. nevermind
                                Author rlmiller on 10-09-2002 at 14:19 (EST)
After many changes/changes back, we got back to a state where your original setting changes were once again relevant, and the change to the line
$AF_INET = 1;
did the trick, along with a change to the stmp server address.
Thank you! I wish my service provider was as much help as you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
                                         5. RE: nevermind
                                        Author Bill Weiner on 10-10-2002 at 04:41 (EST)
Cool. Glad you got it working :^)
TABLE OF CONTENTS

© 2003 Microburst Technologies, Inc.