uShop English (U.S.) for 179!

uStorekeeper English (U.S.) for 149!

 Products
       uTest
       uReserve
       uShop
       uStorekeeper
       uGolf
       uDirectory
       uSignIn
 Tech Support
       Support Policy
       Knowledge Base
            uTest
            uReserve
            uShop
            uStorekeeper
            uGolf
            uDirectory
            uSignIn
       Documentation
       Reference Sites
 Legal
       Software Piracy
       Legal Notices
       Privacy Policy
       Licensing
 Miscellaneous
       Reseller Info
       Contact Us
       Site Map
Orders lock up on "Begin Order Processing"

Knowledge Base Lobby : uShop Support Conference : Problems with trying to Place Orders
Nov-23-17 09:49 AM EST
Original Message
Orders lock up on "Begin Order Processing"
Author wcgolden on 02-16-2003 at 13:15 (EST)
LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-03 AT 01:30 PM (EST)


Using uShop 3.5. We get some orders but others call us telling us their system locks upon clicking the "Begin order processing" button. With over 20,000 hits in the last few months and less than 2 orders per day I wonder how many orders we are losing.

Site is http://www.antiquesupply.com

Could you take a look at the html involved and see if there is any obvious problem. Thanks.

PS. Works on my PC running Windows ME when using Netscape 4.76 and IE 6. When trying to run Netscape 7.1, when items are added to the cart, the cart applet does not show the total items and dollar amount. When cart is displayed, the item is there but when pressing the "Begin order button" screen goes blank and Applet uShopJSI started shows at the bottom of the browser. It just sets there.
E-MAIL AUTHOR | TABLE OF CONTENTS

Table Of Contents
  RE: Orders lock up on "Begin Order Processing" Bill Weiner, 2003-02-17 06:19:55 (1)

Messages In This Discussion
         1. RE: Orders lock up on "Begin Order Processing"
        Author Bill Weiner on 02-17-2003 at 06:19 (EST)
I just took a look at your site using Netscape 7.01 and did not experience any problems.

I did go ahead and took a look at your HTML to see if I noticed anything that might cause you a problem.... and the only possible thing is that you are using a codebase of "./java" on some applets and the full URL as the codebase of other applets. You should really be using the exact same codebase setting for all of your applets (as described at: http://www.uburst.com/uShop/codebase.html), but again, I did not experience any problems when visiting your site as it stands now.

What you may want to do before making any changes to your site, is to test out your browser on your demonstration store at:

http://www.uburst.com/uShop/demo/index.html

... As we know that store is properly configured and would help determine if the problem is related to your browser or to the configuration of your website.
TABLE OF CONTENTS

© 2003 Microburst Technologies, Inc.