uShop English (U.S.) for 179!

uStorekeeper English (U.S.) for 149!

 Products
       uTest
       uReserve
       uShop
       uStorekeeper
       uGolf
       uDirectory
       uSignIn
 Tech Support
       Support Policy
       Knowledge Base
            uTest
            uReserve
            uShop
            uStorekeeper
            uGolf
            uDirectory
            uSignIn
       Documentation
       Reference Sites
 Legal
       Software Piracy
       Legal Notices
       Privacy Policy
       Licensing
 Miscellaneous
       Reseller Info
       Contact Us
       Site Map
Will Not Post Reservations

Knowledge Base Lobby : uReserve Support Conference : Troubleshooting Questions
Oct-23-17 12:28 AM EST
Original Message
Will Not Post Reservations
Author Mike Wichman on 02-17-2002 at 01:56 (EST)
Hi

We have been using Ureserve since last summer with no problems.. worked great. Now, reservations are not being posted at all. I have checked
permissions and all is still set the same as ever
but the text pages are blank.. any Ideas? what else should I check?

Thank You!
E-MAIL AUTHOR | TABLE OF CONTENTS

Table Of Contents
  RE: Will Not Post Reservations Bill Weiner, 2002-02-17 08:40:56 (1)
            Scedule Not Posting Mike Wichman, 2002-02-17 22:08:05 (2)
                 Update - Problem Resolved ! Mike Wichman, 2002-02-17 22:27:28 (3)

Messages In This Discussion
         1. RE: Will Not Post Reservations
        Author Bill Weiner on 02-17-2002 at 08:40 (EST)
A couple questions, just to make sure I understand the scenerio and help diagnose the problem:

1) When placing a reservation, you're NOT getting any "unable to open" error messages?

2) When trying to view the schedule for that week, the schedule is displayed.... but there are NO reservations listed?

3) If you FTP to your uReserve "data" directory, do you see a ".txt" data file for that week? And if so, does it have any data in it?

My guess is that either the permissions on your "data" directory got changed... or perhaps the permissions on the ".txt" data file itself got changed... such that the CGI script does not have permission to read the data file. So check the permissions of BOTH of those.... And at least for now, give them BOTH (the data directoy and .txt file) full read/write permissions. (chmod 777 if on a UNIX box.)

TABLE OF CONTENTS
                 2. Scedule Not Posting
                Author Mike Wichman on 02-17-2002 at 22:08 (EST)
Thank You for responding:

>1) When placing a reservation, you're NOT
>getting any "unable to open" error
>messages? Correct

>2) When trying to view the schedule
>for that week, the schedule is
>displayed.... but there are NO reservations
>listed? Correct

>3) If you FTP to your uReserve
>"data" directory, do you see a
>".txt" data file for that week? YES

> And if so, does it
>have any data in it? NO, blank

>My guess is that either the permissions
>on your "data" directory got changed...
>or perhaps the permissions on the
>".txt" data file itself got changed...
>such that the CGI script does
>not have permission to read the
>data file. So check the
>permissions of BOTH of those.... And
>at least for now, give them
>BOTH (the data directoy and .txt
>file) full read/write permissions. (chmod
>777 if on a UNIX box.)

Ok ,I did that already but I will double check
Thank you Very Much
Mike
>


TABLE OF CONTENTS
                         3. Update - Problem Resolved !
                        Author Mike Wichman on 02-17-2002 at 22:27 (EST)
Well I got it to work. Very strange.. after checking
all the 777 permissions I finally just deleted
all the .txt day files (they were empty anyway)
and it created new .txt files and began working again. phew!


Thanks for the help and support

Mike!
TABLE OF CONTENTS

© 2003 Microburst Technologies, Inc.