Author curious on 03-01-2003 at 00:57 (EST)
|Any hints on a update release date? Which if any of these wish list options will be included?|
|Messages In This Discussion|
| 1. Next Release of uReserve|
Author Microburst Support Team on 03-05-2003 at 07:43 (EST)
|We are currently working on uReserve v3.0 and are planning a July 2003 release.|
Features that will be in the next release include:
- an updated Control Panel to make configuration options easier
- the ability to show the calendar in a daily, weekly or monthly format
- the ability to configure the schedule for either 15-min, 30-min or one-hour time slots
- admin reporting features to get the schedule in a daily, weekly, or monthly form
- the ability to delete recurring reservations
- more options for e-mail notifications
- configurable column headings
- configurable reservation form fields that can specify whether a field is required
Features still being considered for the next release include:
- the ability to configure the schedule for daily or other time slots
- configurable lead times for reservations that limit when a reservation can be made
- configurable parameters for limiting how much time can be reserved per authorized user/resource
- additional options for MWF/TR reservations
- the ability to specify a single resource to an authorized users list (as opposed to specifying all users for all resources)
- the ability to optionally interface with a payment processing system for collecting reservation fees in advance
If you are a licensed user of uReserve and would like to help be a Beta tester of the next release, send us your e-mail address.
| 2. ureserve question|
Author jamie on 04-01-2003 at 13:15 (EST)
|One problem we keep having is that sometimes people can sign up without leaving their contact information and later on they cannot be reached in case of any situation. So I am wondering if there is a fix for this?|
| 3. RE: ureserve question|
Author Bill Weiner on 04-02-2003 at 07:53 (EST)
|Right now, only the first field (which is typically the "Name" field) is required. Depending on what additional fields you want to be required, you can make the modification described below:|
STEP 1: Make a backup of your current ureserve.pl script... just in case.
STEP 2: Open your ureserve.pl script with any text editor such as WordPad.
STEP 3: Do a search on the following line:
(This will get you to the start of the subroutine that validates the reservation information and makes the reservation.)
STEP 4: About 50 lines into that subroutine, you will see the following 4 lines of code:
if (($reserve_field1 =~ /S/) && (!($res_field1 =~ /S/)))
&missing_input("Missing Input","Please enter < B > $reserve_field1 < /B > .");
Those 4 lines of code validate the first reservation field (typically the "Name" field).
You can add additional checks by copying-and-pasting those 4 lines for the additional 3 resservation fields, like this:
if (($reserve_field2 =~ /S/) && (!($res_field2 =~ /S/)))
&missing_input("Missing Input","Please enter $reserve_field2.");
if (($reserve_field3 =~ /S/) && (!($res_field3 =~ /S/)))
&missing_input("Missing Input","Please enter $reserve_field3.");
if (($reserve_field4 =~ /S/) && (!($res_field4 =~ /S/)))
&missing_input("Missing Input","Please enter $reserve_field4.");
STEP 5: After adding whichever additional checks (shown above) that you want, save the ureserve.pl script... as TEXT if your editor asks... and try it out!
| 4. Thanks!|
Author jamie on 04-02-2003 at 18:22 (EST)
|Thanks a lot. It worked!!