URL: http://www.uburst.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
Forum: uReserve_troubleshooting
Thread Number: 19
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Will Not Post Reservations"

Posted by Mike Wichman [videofp@yahoo.com] on at 01:56 AM
Hi

We have been using Ureserve since last summer with no problems.. worked great. Now, reservations are not being posted at all. I have checked
permissions and all is still set the same as ever
but the text pages are blank.. any Ideas? what else should I check?

Thank You!


Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Will Not Post Reservations"
Posted by Bill Weiner on at 08:40 AM
A couple questions, just to make sure I understand the scenerio and help diagnose the problem:

1) When placing a reservation, you're NOT getting any "unable to open" error messages?

2) When trying to view the schedule for that week, the schedule is displayed.... but there are NO reservations listed?

3) If you FTP to your uReserve "data" directory, do you see a ".txt" data file for that week? And if so, does it have any data in it?

My guess is that either the permissions on your "data" directory got changed... or perhaps the permissions on the ".txt" data file itself got changed... such that the CGI script does not have permission to read the data file. So check the permissions of BOTH of those.... And at least for now, give them BOTH (the data directoy and .txt file) full read/write permissions. (chmod 777 if on a UNIX box.)


"Scedule Not Posting"
Posted by Mike Wichman [videofp@yahoo.com] on at 10:08 PM
Thank You for responding:

>1) When placing a reservation, you're NOT
>getting any "unable to open" error
>messages? Correct

>2) When trying to view the schedule
>for that week, the schedule is
>displayed.... but there are NO reservations
>listed? Correct

>3) If you FTP to your uReserve
>"data" directory, do you see a
>".txt" data file for that week? YES

> And if so, does it
>have any data in it? NO, blank

>My guess is that either the permissions
>on your "data" directory got changed...
>or perhaps the permissions on the
>".txt" data file itself got changed...
>such that the CGI script does
>not have permission to read the
>data file. So check the
>permissions of BOTH of those.... And
>at least for now, give them
>BOTH (the data directoy and .txt
>file) full read/write permissions. (chmod
>777 if on a UNIX box.)

Ok ,I did that already but I will double check
Thank you Very Much
Mike
>



"Update - Problem Resolved !"
Posted by Mike Wichman [videofp@yahoo.com] on at 10:27 PM
Well I got it to work. Very strange.. after checking
all the 777 permissions I finally just deleted
all the .txt day files (they were empty anyway)
and it created new .txt files and began working again. phew!


Thanks for the help and support

Mike!